CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Oh My........

You would think that if you are having trouble with your homework that you would ask your Mom or Dad right? Well, in my case, I am asking my son. My youngest son, Taylor, is a freshman in high school and my go-to guy for help with the algebra. Its a very weird feeling to have your son, check your paper for mistakes. He is always saying, Mom this is so easy, we did that last year. Oh my....

And then we are watching a part of the Grammy awards tonight and Paul McCartney is introduced and my daughter, Emily, says, who is he and why is he on there? Oh yea, is he Jesse McCartney's dad or grandpa? Oh my gosh, Emily, he is one of the Beatles. Really? How can he still be alive that was so long ago. Oh my.....

Reminds me of the time when Taylor was younger and he asked me if when I was little if the whole world was in black and white? Yes, color was only invented in the 70's, Taylor, before that life was so boring. Oh my....

Who knew I came along before color came along....................

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I made it almost two hours into the Grammys before I felt old. (It's the rap stuff that does me in.)
And then Neil Diamond came on and I'm just singing away - Sweeeeet Car-o-liiiine bum, bum bum!!!
I bet your kids can't sing like that to their music. Can they even understand the words?
(And the algebra you're doing is good for your brain!)

April said...

One time Mark told Trey that he was impressed he knew so many things that is going on in the world. Mark said when I was your age I didn't know as much as you. Trey replied "Well when you were my age there wasn't that much going on". Kids......